English Translations of Academic Records

If your high school, college, or university routinely issue transcripts in English, then these documents are accepted as official. Other countries may also issue official educational documents in English on a more limited basis.

If your official academic records are not issued in English, you must submit an English translation along with your official documents in the original language. The accuracy of the translation must be certified by an appropriate officer at the issuing school, by an appropriate government officer at the ministry of education, or by a U.S. educational advising center. If you need assistance, the center in your country can advise you on preparing your academic records for submission.

English translations by themselves are not sufficient for an admission decision. You must submit the corresponding official academic records in the original language for comparison.

The following countries routinely issue many official educational records in English:

  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Botswana
  • Cameroon
  • Egypt
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Iraq
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • Kenya
  • Korea
  • Kuwait
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Malaysia
  • Namibia
  • Nepal
  • Nigeria
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Philippines
  • Qatar
  • Rwanda
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • South Africa
  • Sri Lanka
  • Swaziland
  • Syria
  • Taiwan
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Uganda
  • UAE
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe